During this episode of the Cognitive Crucible, Russ Burgos discusses the importance of defining terms–like information itself. He offers a way of thinking about information in supply/demand and behavioral economics terminology. Russ recaps his “Seven A’s of Information Success” and then projects these concepts into global influence efficacy. Listen to it here.
Research Questions: Russ offers several questions worthy of additional research:
- Is information a domain, an environment, or a thing? What do we mean by information?
- Can information effects be isolated? Ad agents frequently define success with “ad recall;” yet, ad recall is an imperfect measure. For example, it is very possible to have great ad recall without behavioral change.
- Investigate and differentiate market penetration and market effect?
- Where is persuasion theory today?
- How does information processing work inside a person’s heads and how is it affected by culture or education?